On 04/23/2014 05:52 PM, Fabian Santiago wrote:
Hello,

Does the new release add sieve filtering yet and possibly the ability
to integrate DMARC filtering / processing using something like
opendmarc? I don't recall if I heard anything about that. Thanks.

- - Fabian S.

No. It includes dovecot and spamdyke though.

Sieve will be implemented along with dovecot's deliver LDA. There will also be a web component included with that for maintaining server side filtering. I'm not certain at this point where in the roadmap this will fall. I think it should be a fairly high priority though. I'm personally very excited to see the server side filtering feature.

To be honest, I'd like to see a cleaner separation of web components from the base QMT functionality before tackling this. I'd also like to see nginx as an alternative to apache. Having these done before any further web functionality is added would seem to simplify development. That's not necessarily the way things will pan out though.

DMARC has a couple components involved (SPF, DKIM), most of which can be implemented in QMT. It's just not yet included in the stock packages. As I mentioned, I'd like to see spamdyke handling both SPF and DKIM verification, so that will likely be a while before it's fully implemented. This doesn't stop anyone from implementing DKIM signatures on QMT (see the wiki), nor creating a DMARC DNS record for obtaining reports from mailers who have implemented it (gmail is the only one at this point TTBOMK).

To me, bottom line on DMARC is that it's not all that great for human email accounts, due to its limitations with list processing. See http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87157.html

Thanks.