On 4/28/2014 11:25 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
> On 04/28/2014 09:59 AM, Eric Broch wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I’ve got an issue with attachments being stripped from emails. I don’t
>> think this is a QMT problem, but I’m trying here to cover all bases.
>> Please bear with me.
>>
>> Here’s the scenario:
>>
>> Remote senders transmit email to local recipients on our QMT host with
>> PDF and DWG files attached. I’ve tracked these emails in the SMTP log
>> through the Send log where I see the email delivered with size
>> consistent with attachment present. I also see the emails with the
>> questionable attachments scanned in the Clamd log. I’ve contacted the
>> DSPAM users list where I’ve been told that DSPAM doesn’t strip anything
>> from email.
>>
>> I've discussed this with the client and they insist that their email
>> client antivirus (AVAST) logs all questionable attachments before
>> 'doing' anything with them.
>>
>> As stated earlier, I don’t believe that the QMT host is the problem, but
>> being at my wits end, I wanted to submit this issue to this user’s list
>> in hopes of gaining insight. Any help or suggestions would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Eric
>>

> Does squirrelmail see the attachments?

Haven't had the chance to use it before the attachment is spirited away.
I've dumped the email file at the command line. There is no evidence of
an attachment.
I think, I see where you're going, Eric, and I will have the client use
squirrelmail before Outlook/TB which use the PC's AV software. It seems
the attachment is missing somewhere after the qmail-send module, in
DSPAM (which I've excluded as the culprit), Maildrop, Dovecot, IMAP
clients, and AV software.