Sorry, I must be wring about that, because the qt-install script is run after the bootstrap-1 However if this is a " minimal " install the I also don’t think the firewall is even active.

After the minimum install , I run
iptable -L -n
you should see ( similar )

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

I also stopped the firewall to see ( /etc/init.d/iptables stop ),
Then run again, iptables -L -n

I get exactly same as above,
so My theory is the firewall is already off, before running bootstarp 1 and 2 the qt-install

Please correct me if I am wrong

Dave M

-----Original Message----- From: Dave M