Hello Eric,

Sa-update cron job error:

/etc/cron.daily/sa-update:

svc: warning: unable to chdir to /var/qmail/supervise/spamd: file does not exist
svc: warning: unable to chdir to /var/qmail/supervise/spamd: file does not exist
svc: warning: unable to chdir to /var/qmail/supervise/spamd: file does not exist

Contents of sa-update cron script:

#!/bin/bash

# Only restart spamd if sa-update returns 0, meaning it updated the rules

/usr/bin/sa-update | logger -i -p mail.info

if [ "${PIPESTATUS[0]}" != "0" ]; then
  exit ${PIPESTATUS[0]}
fi

svc -d /var/qmail/supervise/spamd | logger -i -p mail.info
svc -t /var/qmail/supervise/spamd | logger -i -p mail.info
svc -u /var/qmail/supervise/spamd | logger -i -p mail.info

What I notice is spamd doesn't exist under qmail/supervise.

On my cos6.6 system it runs as its own standard daemon started by its init
script under /etc/init.d.

So the likely changes needed here are, as I would imagine:

Something alone the lines of changing the svc lines to either point to other
binaries/scripts or something like "service spamd <command>", ??????

What was the original sa-update cron script?

-----

Sincerely,

Fabian Santiago

Sent from my iPhone