I can send mail via the roundcube web mail. That's where this message is coming from.

When sending mail from thunderbird, I have my smtp server set up in my client as

Port 587
startTLS
Encrypted Password

This is the same as I had with a number of clients on my old server.

When I try to send email, I get this error.

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded: TLS no valid RSA private key: error:FFFFFFFF80000002:system library::No such file or directory (#4.3.0).

To create certificates on my new server. I retrieved certs from letencrypt and then did this.

cp -p /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem.lastmonth cat /etc/letsencrypt/live/mail.gbco.us/{cert,chain,fullchain,privkey}.pem > /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem

chown vpopmail:qmail /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
chmod 640 /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem

Any idea what's going on with this error?

thanks, Gary