Sending of the message failed.
The Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.gbco.us does not seem to support encrypted passwords. If you just set up the account, try changing the 'Authentication method' in 'Account settings | Outgoing server (SMTP)' to 'Normal password'.

I thought I tested this before with the new server, but maybe I didn't test it correctly. Anyone got any ideas?

On 2024-03-22 18:29, g...@gbco.us wrote:
I can send mail via the roundcube web mail. That's where this message
is coming from.

When sending mail from thunderbird, I have my smtp server set up in my client as

Port 587
startTLS
Encrypted Password

This is the same as I had with a number of clients on my old server.

When I try to send email, I get this error.

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error.
The server responded:  TLS no valid RSA private key:
error:FFFFFFFF80000002:system library::No such file or directory
(#4.3.0).

To create certificates on my new server. I retrieved certs from
letencrypt and then did this.

cp -p /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
/var/qmail/control/servercert.pem.lastmonth
cat
/etc/letsencrypt/live/mail.gbco.us/{cert,chain,fullchain,privkey}.pem
> /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem

chown vpopmail:qmail /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
chmod 640 /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem

Any idea what's going on with this error?

thanks, Gary