Hi.

During my upgrade from Centos 7 (using Mariadb) to Rocky 8 I found that Mariadb had removed libmysqlclient and made their own libmariadbclient (during the migration, using Eric's nice scripts, the scripts stopped due to missing libmysqlclient.so - and yes I did copy/paste but no).

Libmysqlclient is written in C and used for programs to connect to Mysql and up to the 10.3.35-MariaDB Server version - newer Mariadb versions uses/wants the libmariadbclient to commmunicate.

So You may/can use Mariadb for Qmail up to Mariadb version 10.3.35 - at least I did not have any issues using Mariadb for many years..

Some users on the net writes that it should be possible to link libmysqlclient to libmariadbclient and that may solve the issue - I did try some different ways but did not succeed and moved back to Mysql from my Mariadb and had the migrationprocess done nicely.

At least thats my experience/knowledge so far

/Finn