Real thanks for the answer. I was very sick of waiting for compiler and IDE
when I start migrating some of my work to python few years ago.
UI is something I'm yet to find productive way to build in scripting.
Qooxdoo is currently my new hope I'm exploring. Seeing Google
offer a system to compile java to javascript make me worried if
I walking down the wrong path. Anyway, I've tried GWT with Eclipse
and already feel uncomfortable with it's speed. I think I may keep
trying qooxdoo in my leisure time for a while.

Cheers.

Hi,

Naturally I'm a bit biased :-)

1. Programming-Style and Tools:
Well both of them have pros and cons. I like the typesafety and the
perfect IDE-Integration of Java (Codecompletion, Refactoring Support,
Debugging-Support, ...) in Eclipse, Netbeans, IDEA, ... which though is
available to some extend for JavaScript too but not at Level Java.