At 7:46 PM -0700 9/24/01, Dan Harkless wrote:

>  So, what's the story with the qpopper-announce list?  The last message I got
>  on it was "Qpopper LX 4.0b16 available", from February 15.  I see that
>  qpopper 4.0 is out now.  Was this not announced, or did I just not get the
>  mail for some reason?
>
>  It's not that I was silently unsubcribed or something, as I just
>  successfully unsubscribed from qpopper-announce using this email address and
>  re-subscribed with a different address.
>
>  It is *feasible* I got the message and it was lost, however, due to the
>  problem I'm about to describe in my next mail.

That's my guess.  The announcement was sent to the -announce list:

At 6:01 PM -0700 4/12/01, Qpopper Customer Service wrote:
>  To: Qpopper Public List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  From: Qpopper Customer Service <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  Subject: Qpopper 4.0 Available

>  Before I leave the topic of qpopper-announce, though, why is it still not
>  mentioned in <http://www.eudora.com/qpopper/faq.html#list>?  I believe I
>  brought this up some time in 1999 or 2000, and the reply was that it was a
>  known issue and should be fixed soon.  How difficult is it to change the
>  faq.html file?

You're right that the link you cite doesn't mention the -announce
list, which is odd.  It is, however, mentioned elsewhere:
<http://www.eudora.com/qpopper/faq.html#versions.notify> (It's the
link just above yours.)

--
Randall  Gellens                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]