mpulse.net>

> >I am guessing the Debian maintainer of this package used all the
> >default settings when he/she compiled it.  I am also guessing that
> >would be the most logical thing to do because if there are any
> >specific user settings/configuration issues shouldn't I be able to
> >negociate those through command line options or a configuration file?
> >If not then I wonder what it is that I need to compile in to make
> >a difference from what is going on now.
>
> That's not necessarily true.  Why don't you contact the Debian developer for
> this package?  He can probably tell you if the problems you're seeing are due
> to how he packaged it or not.   In general, bugs in Debian packages should be
> reported to the Debian Bug Tracking System first, and then to the upstream
> developers, so that the upstream isn't bothered trying to support bugs that
> were introduced by Debian in the first place.
>
> You can find instructions for submitting Debian bug reports here:
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

I have isolated a problem I am having.

When I use the following line in inetd.conf I am always getting an "unable to
process config file" error message.

"pop-3  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.qpopper qpopper -f
/etc/postfix/qpopper/qpopper.conf"

This seems to be no matter what the ownership/permission settings are for the
config file and/or for the file's path.  As far as the content of the config
file I have tried:
set spool-dir=/var/spool/mail

I also tried removing any content from the config file and I still get the
error.

When I remove the -f option, the error message goes away.

I'm just hoping that someone on this mailing list might be familiar with this
situation that could shed some light.  I'm not reporting any bug.  I don't know
that it is or not.

I am also hoping its something simple that I am missing.  I have read the
Qpopper FAQ and any documentation, searched the Web, etc.  Now I have come to
this mailing list for help.

I really don't know what else to do.  I can try to contact the Debian
maintainer but I am pretty sure this person is not considered as a "developer"
as such.  Unless I am mistaken this person only pre-compiles the source and
creates the configuration and make stuff into a package that will
"automatically" install onto a Debian system.  Are you saying this is an
installation problem?