Sendmail is your mail transport for SENDING mail.  Have
you created the file  /etc/mail/relay-domains with the IP
and fully qualified DOMAIN NAMES of the machines who
intend to relay on that server?

Check your  sendmail.cf  file to see if your SUSE default
install searches /etc/mail/  for the relay permission file.

- Chris Payne

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:14:14 -0500, Tom Jones - RR wrote:

>I just installed qpopper in servermode on a suse 7.3 box.  The mx records
>are setup properly and the server accepts connections on port 110.  Looking
>in the logs I can see that qpopper has started and is listening.  Telneting
>to the server allows me full pop access to the server.  However.  When I try
>to send an email to a valid user on the server.  The mail never get's
>delivered and when an error message finally comes back from my other mail
>server it reads as such:
>   ----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors -----
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Deferred: Connection refused by mydomain.com.
>Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
>Will keep trying until message is 1 day old
>
>My domain/user info has been edited only.
>
>What are reasons this could be doing this?  Qpop is alive and listening.  I
>don't know what else to try.  I am starting Qpop with just the command line
>./popper ipaddress:110 -S.
>
>Any Help would be great.  Thanks.
>
>Tom

- -