qpopper, Lenoard,
  Yes, I forgot to mention it.  Our system is AIX 4.3.3 running on
Risc/6000.  We compiled qpopper with the following options:
-enable-keep-tempdrop
-enable-tempdrop-directory=/var/spool/pop
-with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl

The config file contains:
set tls-support=stls
set tls-server-cert-file=/etc/mail/certs/cert.pem

  Tim

--
Tim Tyler
Network Manager - Beloit College