"When everyone's out to get you, paranoia's just good thinking!"
-- WKRP's Dr. Johnny Fever

Allan Brown wrote:
> It's generally a bad idea to hardcode, but how does MS OutHouse react
if
> you use an IP address instead of the hostname?

I have all my email clients hardcoded to eliminate dns lookup (anything
to help the process along right), if we ever switch isp connections from
uunet I'll be quitting in a hurry (over a hundred hardcoded outhouse
clients to change, in multiple location), I was having resolution issues
before hardcoding but only with outhouse, everything else works fine,
now that I think about it I hadn't seen any of these issues with
outhouse express (would that be jonny on the spot :)   it's kind of
funny, management insists we use this awful software and it's my fault
when it doesn't work right, go figure

Bob T. Kat