> >  And sometime, their pop account are locked and their are asked to
retype
> >  password but it is not valid.

We see this as a common complaint with users who connect via dialup modem.
If their modem disconnects while they are downloading mail, their TCP
session will stay alive until it times out, typically something like 15 TCP
retries at 2 minutes each.  We have cut the retries to 5 but it still takes
a while to realize the client has disconnected.

During this time, the user dials back, gets a different IP address, and his
mailbox is locked.  His email client displays the authentication failure
dialog box, typically asking him to retype username and password.  If the
"pop lock busy, is another session active?" message is displayed by the
email client, the user typically ignores it and figures it is a password
problem.

Typical next problem - he tries retyping his password, screws it up, and now
you have a genuine authentication problem even after the TCP session times
out and the mailbox is unlocked.

If this is not a dialup user, we still seem to see the problem with some
email clients that get hung up on a certain message or take long enough to
download mail that they hit the automatic timer to check mail again.  You'd
think an email client would be smart enough not to check mail again until it
finishes the last check, but not necessarily.