At 7:12 AM -0800 2/4/03, The Little Prince wrote:

  pull out the From: address for the new message's recipient,
 pull out the To: address for identification in the message/subject, and
 pipe/popen the new msg to the sendmail binary, or write an SMTP state
 machine to send it right to your SMTP server
This is likely to cause mail loops under a number of conditions. Messages sent automatically in response to any email MUST only be sent to the triggering email's return-path (MAIL FROM) address, NEVER to any address obtained from the headers.

This may also be a violation of the user's privacy.

--
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal; facts are suspect; I speak for myself only