Hi All,

I've just tried compiling Qpopper 4.0.4 with the --disable-status option. According to the help:

              --disable-status to prevent Qpopper from writing 'Status'
                   or 'X-UIDL' headers (sets NO_STATUS).  This forces
                   UIDs for each message to be recalculated in each
                   session.

However, as soon as messages are read (and left on the server) an X-UIDL header is still being written back to the spool under the From line.

What am I missing ?

Can someone also confirm that I have the right idea about this setting - no Status headers means that two seperate email clients accessing the same pop3 account are unable to tell whether the other client has already read a message ?

And (if it was working) would disabling writing X-UIDL and Status headers back into the mail spool cause a performance boost where you have a large mail spool and one message is read from a webmail page ?

(Normally deleting no messages, or deleting all messages is much faster than deleting some messages, I was wondering whether having to write X-UIDL headers back to the spool would lose this benefit, since the mail spool has to be modified even if no messages are deleted....)

Regards,
Simon