HI There,

I'm searching for a cool possibility to inform my users about runnting
out of qouta-diskspace.

I'm running qpopper 4.0.5/sendmail/procmail/XFS+qoutas.
one possibility is to run a script that checks the quota.. and send an email to the user
when his mailbox is e.g. 90% full.
but the runtime of this script depends on the number of users.

it would be great if Qpopper could do this on the fly .. like bulletins..
one message for all users - stored like a bulletin message.
a flag in the bulletin-db for overqouta-warning.. qpopper
should send this message only once in over-qouta condition.
flag unset if user is below his qouta-treshhold.

or are there any cool features like this available as a patch ??
or how do other people handle overqouta in mailboxes ?!?!?!

another problem: if hardlimit of mailbox is reached, qpopper
is not able to generate the lock-file for the user's mailbox and
user is not possilbe to login.

any solutions for this problem?

many thanks for help.. (and excuse my bad english)

Chris

--
NEFkom Telekommunikation GmbH & Co.
Spittlertorgraben 13            Tel. 0911/1808-18