On Saturday, 15 March, 2003 at 09:32:22 +0100, Narrowstream wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The problem is the same with qpopper 4.0.4 and the last 4.0.5
>
> I work on FreeBSD 4.7. with sendmail 8.12.8
>
> Here is the installation problem :

[...]

Hi,

in FreeBSD U should compile and install qpopper with ports system.
If you want the latest version, 4.0.5 then you have to update
your ports tree via cvs then:

# cd /usr/ports/mail/qpopper && make install clean

So you should have qpopper installed smoothly.

If you compile from source in freebsd often you get errors like
that because standard configure script doesn't respect FreeBSD
organization of filesystems. Using ports instead you will apply
all patches needed for a smooth compilation and installation
in FreeBSD environment.

Hoping this is useful for U...

Regards,
Andrea