Hey all... Got something that someone may have run into in the past:

Solaris 9 on Sparc hardware.

Qpopper 4.0.5 (./configure --enable-server-mode --enable-standalone
--enable-log-facility=LOG_LOCAL5 --enable-specialauth).

Transferring users from a RedHat box to this (hardware upgrade, better
performance than existing RH box).

MD5 shadow passwords!!!

Funny thing is, the MD5 passwords work *fine* for telnet and ssh access,
which tells me that Solaris is happy with them, but Qpopper doesn't
recognize them.  Users get the standard incorrect password message.  The man
pages that deal with this (I tried pam.conf, md5, and passwd) don't have any
info on specifically configuring MD5 for services.  The Guide shows a
pam.conf series for RedHat, but doesn't reference Solaris.

Anyone ever gotten this to work?  I would appreciate any advice or
direction...

Thanks!

Alex