* On 2003.04.03, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
*       "Alex Moen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Qpopper 4.0.5 (./configure --enable-server-mode --enable-standalone
> --enable-log-facility=LOG_LOCAL5 --enable-specialauth).
> MD5 shadow passwords!!!
>
> Funny thing is, the MD5 passwords work *fine* for telnet and ssh access,

It sounds like you're getting MD5 passwords to work with telnet and
ssh by way of PAM, but you're not configuring qpopper explicitly with
PAM support. Does config.h have USE_PAM defined? If not, try adding
--with-pam to your configure command above.

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]       NSIT    University of Chicago
 "The whole thrust of the text adventure was one picture was worth