I am having a problem running qpopper on a virtual host name.

1. Running qpopper 4.0.5

2. Running Solaris 5.9 on a Sun Netra

3. Have set up the following in the ifconfig.

 le0 hostname.xxx.yyy.edu
 le0:1 mailhost.xxx.yyy.edu
 le0:2 pophost.xxx.yyy.edu

Problem:

I can "telnet pophost.xxx.yyy.edu 110" and connect to the pophost and go
through the test pop login. This connects and shows messages with the list
command.

If I use pophost.xxx.yyy.edu as the incoming server name in a mail reader,
such as exchange, it will not make a connection. I do not even see any debug
info in the log files. If I use hostname.xxx.yyy.edu in the mail reader it
will work just fine.

I can ping, telnet into, and  nslookup on the virutal IP address so I
believe they are set up correctly  working correctly

What would cause the virutal IP address not to work and the real IP to work
in a mail reader. It seems like it is getting confuse in the sending and
receiving of packets when it goes to the virtual IP address.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
System Administrator                                EMAIL1:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Purdue University                                          ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                      PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Avenue                                 FAX: (419) 821-0540
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067            EMAIL2: [EMAIL PROTECTED]