At 04:28 AM 4/29/2005, James Smith wrote:
Hi all.

I am trying to set up Qpopper under FC3 and have hit a snag.  The
instructions for the install say to run it from /etc/inetd.conf and I don't
have one.  Not a problem, the instructions say if you don't have one run it
from /etc/servers instead but I don't have one of them either!

This is the first time I have used a setup without an inetd.conf so I am not
sure what Fedora is using as an alternative.

Can anyone help me out here? Please?

There should be a sample file for use with xinetd. You'd put the file into /etc/xinetd.d/ and then do a '/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd reload' to get xinetd to be aware of the presence of the file.