Then run a ktrace or strace when the problem occurs and see what is causing the message.

On May 6, 2008, at 07:30, Sasa wrote:

Hi and thanks for you aid, now I haven't problem and permission are:

-rw-rw---- 1 pippo.pluto  mail    8890312  6 mag 13:00 pippo.pluto
-rw------- 1 pippo.pluto mail 10 6 mag 13:00 pippo.pluto.lock

..but why occassionaly I have a problem about incorrect password ? when the problem is present the password is incorrect because the permission are corrupted ? and because happen this ?
Thanks.

------

 Salvatore.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Hardie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Sasa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Subscribers of Qpopper" <qpopper@lists.pensive.org>
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: Password incorrect

On May 5, 2008, at 03:30, Sasa wrote:

Hi, I have a strange problem with QPopper4.0.9..occasionally I have with same users the error message that the password for check mail is incorrect and for to resolve this problem I must delete user/ mailbox (I have use linux users) and the '/var/spool/ mail/ myuser.pop' file.

Qpopper is quite sensitive to permissions. You should check carefully the permissions on those files when it happens. Also, it might be helpful to run ktrace, strace etc. on qpopper when the problem is occuring. Then look to see which check is causing the error message.