From: Gavin Carr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 2:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: config/spamassassin

Hi Chris,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 01:19:58PM -0700, Chris Stone wrote:
> Think that I was thinking something incorrectly - there can only be the
one
> config/plugin file, right? And then, via config/plugin, I set
>
> spamassassin_spamc per_recipient 1 filter 0/1

Correct.

> And then in the /config/example.com directory, a spamassassin_spamc file
is
> read to handle the other recipient specific settings...right?

Right.

I'm also wondering if we can get proper spamassassin configs working via
spamd's --virtual-config-dir flag too. In theory, pass a '-u <username>'
via spamc, and invoke spamd with:

  -x --virtual-config-dir=/var/qmail/service/qpsmtpd/config/%d/%l

(depending on your per_user_config layout) - you should then be able to
drop your per-recipient settings in a 'user_prefs' file there and spamd
will pick them up. Nice, if it works.

> Now, I also understand the gist behind something I read in the list
archive
> yesterday regarding per_user_config and empty files like, for example if I
> want one domain to not to dnsbl lookups - I'd have an empty dnsbl_zones
file
> in the config/example.com directory. Seems there was discussion about that
> not being supported(?) Is that still an issue or has that been addressed?

It's fixed - Peter Holzer posted the fix with his bug report and its
included
in the per_user_config.patch to Qpsmtpd.pm.

Cheers,
Gavin