"Waitman Gobble" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> It isn't perfect. And it is just tinkering. I make sure to put my name
> and phone number on the error messages. When I ran the test earlier this
> year, one person called. He said he was trying to send me an
> advertisement ;-) and that the company was located in New Zealand or
> Australia however he was working out of San Diego.

Well, your rule #1 would block my messages, I'm in Canada and sending with
the From header [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Somebody pointed me to SPF. http://spf.pobox.com - This really looks
> good. I hope people start using it, would be a good solution. I am
> adding SPF check to the plugin, right now it will just collect data. To
> see what kind of results I get.

There's allready a SPF plugin for qpsmtpd, it's sender_permitted_from and
it's available in the current CVS.

BTW, there's an IETF workgroup (MARID:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/marid-charter.html) to make something like
SPF an official RFC. I think that would be great, most big players (AOL,
Yahoo, Earthlink and Microsoft) are interested. AOL allready publishes SPF
records and Hotmail/Microsoft publishes Caller-ID records which are
interpreted by the SPF perl module.

Best,
GFK's
--