Matt Sergeant wrote:
I think it'd be easy to do using isa_plugin - just have "hook" that is an overridden method in the subclass. Then you just have the base class hook into unrecognized_command as I did with STARTTLS.

No, I mean that I could have multiple AUTH providers configured (one for virtual domains and one for local users) and the top level AUTH plugin has to loop over all of them until one suceeds (or fails), preferrably using the existing run_hooks() framework. Without looking at the code, I don't see how to do that without either:

a) replicating all of the code in run_hooks;
b) adding a new hook in the plugin (which I don't necessarily like, but I haven't given it that much consideration at this point).

John