On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:27 PM, Dave Rolsky wrote:

I'd love to hear what other people are doing for related problems, and patches or suggestions are of course welcome.

For years one of my TODOs have been to implement the "user information" plugin API I have in my head.

The essence of it is just a "user" (or whatever) plugin hook that takes a parameter ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and returns a simple user object. (It's a little bit more complicated; it can also return something to signify a "default user for the domain").

A basic recipient check plugin just needs to check if the user hook returns a user. The spamassassin plugin can get user specific configuration.

The auth plugins could mostly be turned into user hook plugins if we let the user objects have some standard methods to check and get the password information.

I have done most of it; the block is that to be "complete" qpsmtpd needs to be able to split a transaction into multiple messages (one per set of options for something) and it needs to be able to generate bounces (rather than just rejecting mail). (Use case: mail goes to joe@ and doe@ – Some plugin wants to bounce the one for joe@ but let the one for doe@ go through).

I suppose I should just ignore all that and implement the simple version so we can use it for the recipient check plugins. :-)

 - ask

--
http://askask.com/  - http://develooper.com/