On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Allan Joergensen wrote:

On 10-Feb-2006, Charlie Brady wrote:

The string "End data with" has no special meaning in RFC 2821. Are we
trying to work around a bug in Net::SMTP? Or a particular backend?

It's Postfix thing:

[SMTP session]
data
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>

For some reason $smtp->message contains both this and the final message
from the server.

Sorry, which final message from the server? And what version of Net::SMTP?

The code could probably use some clean up, I just made it work for me :)

Sure, that's why I'm trying to get some people interested in looking in the code and hopefully checking it into CVS.