On Feb 23, 2006, at 1:27 PM, Robin Bowes wrote:

[using plugin inheritance]
The only thing I haven't worked out is how to handle any optional
commandline arguments to the original queue plugin (which may just be a matter of calling the original plugins init() sub with the appropriate @_).

Yeah, that should work. We really need a better configuration system for the plugins though.

That's certainly another approach.

However, it introduces unnecessary coupling between the logging and
queueing processes. I'd rather keep them as separate as possible.

Isn't this approach exactly a way to keep them separate? The other suggestions so far have involved changing the queue plugin(s) which seems more intrusive...

Thanks for working on this by the way. I lost track of what your goal was, but having more and better way to analyze how much junk the smtpd rejects (and how and why) will be useful.

Robert mentioned a week or two ago that the perl.org (etc) MX only ends up accepting a mail from 20% of all connections and of the accepted mail most ends up being tossed in a huge file never to be looked at again. (So something like 95%+ of the connections end up being a waste).

 - ask

--
http://askask.com/  - http://develooper.com/