On Feb 24, 2006, at 1:45 AM, John Peacock wrote:

However, it would be cleaner if we had _pre and _post hooks for each distinct stage in the SMTP conversation. It would go along with the standard rhetorical
motif:

1) I'm going to do 'X';
2) I'm doing 'X';
3) I just did 'X'.

I like that! That'll take care of at least some of the need for defining the hooks as running FIRST, MIDDLE and LAST too.

At the very least, the presence of a _post hook for each stage will be better than what we have now. Shall I just add a queue_post hook (it's a matter of a
few lines)?

If you add a queue_post I'd like a queue_pre too. (And then add them in pairs as we find a use for them elsewhere).

 - ask

--
http://askask.com/  - http://develooper.com/