John Wang wrote:
I was reading the wiki which says there's no good central repository for
plugins. Is there a reason why CPAN can't be used for qpsmtpd and its
plugins? Catalyst, CGI::Application and POE all have numerous plugins /
components on CPAN. SpamAssassin also uses CPAN. Just curious.

The short answer is that Qpsmtpd itself isn't packaged in such a way that it can be installed (in the conventional sense). Qpsmtpd is currently intended to be untarred in whatever place will be used to run it and go. Hence putting plugins into CPAN wouldn't help much either, since they cannot be installed (for the same reason).

If we repackaged Qpsmtpd so that the lib/ folder could go into the standard Perl libraries, we would have the long, possibly divisive fight over which disk layout schema to follow (/opt, /usr/local/etc, /var/lib, any major ones I'm missing?).

John