On 6-Apr-06, at 9:43 AM, John Peacock wrote:

Peter Eisch wrote:
With forkserver, don't let the process exit after the socket is closed, put
the process into the queue for a future process which can dup2 the
accept()ed socket for its new i/o interface. Then add process stats so after X sessions the process will be closed and reaped to forkserver too.

Why reinvent the wheel:

use Net::Server::PreFork;

See
        http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-Server/lib/Net/Server/PreFork.pm

I'll take a look at this after I get back from "Spring Break" (which is actually not much of a vaction, having to drive to Wisconsin and back).

Most people who have ever tried to use Net::Server have come up short. I have had real stability problems with it.

Better to look at the code in SpamAssassin's spamd.

Matt.