On 30-May-06, at 9:35 AM, John Peacock wrote:

Charlie Brady wrote:
I think it should be called qpsmtpd-prefork rather than qpsmtpd- highperf. There are various backtick and system() calls which can be done directly in perl. daemonize() should at least be optional - not required (or desirable) under supervise or runit. I'd rather see it removed. Someone can do it in
a wrapper if they really don't want to use supervise/runit.

All very good points. If Lars is OK with what I've done so far, I'm inclined to commit it (under your proposed name) and fix the rest after it is in (that is what version control systems are for, after all).

There's a couple of bugs in your patch (missing disconnect code, so QUIT never works). The following fixes that, and removes the daemonize stuff.