On 2007-01-20 20:33:15 -0500, Guy Hulbert wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-21-01 at 01:09 +0000, Robin Bowes wrote:
> > I've got to say, the most effective qpsmtpd plugin I run is my own
> > check_validrcptto_cdb plugin which uses one of John SImpson's
> > scripts to generate a cdb of valid addreses and checks the incoming
> > rcptto addres against it. I find it rejects *loads* of spam.

Yep. Rejecting all-nonexistant addresses at the RCPT stage is probably
the most effective single measure for reducing unwanted email traffic
(But I consider that "best practice" anyway, and not specifically as an
anti-spam measure).

> Is it ok to grab a copy of this ?  Some of the conversation re-wiki
> reorg has been off-list but we want to have an svn 'contrib' plugin
> repo, for which it is easier to get access.

Yep, there are only plugins from Hanno and me in the contrib directory,
which I find sad.

I offer to be the "human proxy" to the contrib directory. If you want to
contribute any plugins, just send them to me and I will check them in.

I'm a bit swamped in real work right now, and that situation probably
won't get any better in the next few months, but I should be able to
respond within a week or so.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | I know I'd be respectful of a pirate
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | with an emu on his shoulder.