The problems I saw with Apache:Qpsmtpd were that the connections would get
battered over each other.  Basically, spammer connects and gets blacklisted,
server drops the connection and takes a new one, new connections issues a
HELO and server responds back with a 50x error message.  The only way to fix
this was to set the forking at a 1-1 rate, which just wasn't good obviously.
Never had that problem with forkserver.

--
Ed McLain
Sr. Data Center Engineer