On 2007-08-30 10:08:36 +0200, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> Here are some (measured) resolutions of gettimeofday on various systems:
>
> Linux/i386:      1 ms
> Linux/SPARC:     2 ms
> HP-UX/PA-RISC:   2 ms
> Linux/Alpha:   976 ms (1024 Hz)
>
> Ok, so the Alpha is obsolete, and Sun and HP hardware seems to include a
> timer with reasonably high resolution (both systems are a bit old I'd
> expect newer gear get .

The sentence in the parentheses was supposed to read: "both systems are
a bit old - I'd expect newer gear to get full microsecond resolution".
Don't know how I managed to garble it that badly.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | I know I'd be respectful of a pirate
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | with an emu on his shoulder.