I just noticed some entries in my greylist for mail from the outside
world destined for domains that aren't mine and thought "Oh oh, am I an open
relay?"

I quickly determined that I'm not, so I thought I'd try to understand why
messages which will be denied due to relaying are even touching my greylist.

After all, check_relay is up near the top of my plugins file.

So, I determined that all check_relay does is to set the relay_client flag and
a test for rcpt_hosts doesn't happen until rcpt_ok (which must be run last).

Why doesn't rcpt_ok just return(OK) and the logic for testing rcpthosts get
moved to check_relay?

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                         Trinsic Solutions
President                               710-B West 14th Street

                 Would you rather proactively pay for
                uptime or reactively pay for downtime?

                          Trinsic Solutions
                Your Trusted Friends in Proactive IT.