Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating my home mail setup onto a better
connected server and am moving to use qpsmtpd under apache (you may have
noticed a previous post from me on this subject!)

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to suggest and discuss some
changes/improvements to the RPM. So, I guess this is mainly for the
benefit of hjp.

1. Drop an apache config file into /etc/httpd/conf.d, e.g. qpsmtpd.conf:

Listen 0.0.0.0:25 smtp
AcceptFilter smtp none
## "smtp" and the AcceptFilter are required for Linux, FreeBSD
## with apache >= 2.1.5, for others it doesn’t hurt. See also
## http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#acceptfilter
## and http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#listen

<Perl>
    use lib qw( /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Qpsmtpd );
    use Apache::Qpsmtpd;
</Perl>

<VirtualHost _default_:25>
    PerlSetVar QpsmtpdDir /etc/qpsmtpd
    PerlModule Apache::Qpsmtpd
    PerlProcessConnectionHandler Apache::Qpsmtpd
    PerlSetVar qpsmtpd.loglevel 4
</VirtualHost>

NB: mod_perl is loaded from perl.conf

2. Don't automatically set qpsmtpd-forkserver to start at boot. i.e.
remove this post-install script:

%post
/sbin/chkconfig --add qpsmtpd-forkserver

3. Fix up SELinux so apache can bind to port 25. Add this to the
post-install script:

%post
if [ -f /etc/redhat-release ] ; then
  # Add SELinux contexts
  if [ -x /usr/sbin/selinuxenabled ] ; then
    if /usr/sbin/selinuxenabled ; then
      [ -x /usr/sbin/semanage ] && /usr/sbin/semanage port -m -t
http_port_t -p tcp 25 > /dev/null 2>&1
    fi
  fi
fi

I'll add to this thread as I proceed with the installation.

R.