Note - you'd be better off using Linux::SysInfo (on Linux, obviously) to save the backtick call.

On 7-Mar-08, at 4:39 PM, Steve Kemp wrote:

  This seems like rather an obvious idea:  Reject new
 connections if the system load is too high.  But surprisingly
 there seem to be no plugins which I could find implementing it.

  So here's mine:

    http://mail-scanning.com/qpsmtpd/system-load

  This reads /etc/qpsmtpd/max_system_load, and if the system load
 is equal or higher than the value contained within it it is rejected.

Comments welcome, and I'm happy for it to be used in the core, or in
  contrib if there is any interest.

Steve
--
http://mail-scanning.com/