On Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 15:21:48 -0500, Brian Szymanski wrote:

> I started cleaning this up to use a block, not string eval, and pull the
> check out of getload so it needn't be called as often... But really, if
> your load is "too" high, do you want to be exec'ing uptime on every
> call? I sure wouldn't. I say just require Sys::CpuLoad, warn and return
> DECLINED if it's unavailable.

  Good idea.  Personally I'm always using the Sys::Cpuload module now,
 so I'll bow out of further discussion.  (will update the code on my
 site/page to reflect the current module shortly.)

  Having said that though executing "uptime" on each incoming connection
 might increase resource usage at a time when the system is already
 loaded - but I'm certain that doing that will be a lot less resource
 intensive than running clamav, spambayes, and all the other tests that
 are typically conducted...

Steve