After going live, it appears that there may be some issues. In particular,
I have complaints that people are unable to connect and authenticate for
outbound SMTP. These are clients using Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. They are
required to authenticate.

While on the phone with some, I see three situations, and nothing is
consistent:

1) nothing - doesn't appear to be a connection at all - could be network
issues.

2) connection - no reference to auth plugin where I added a log item

3) connection - auth is used and message is queued

The client can sit there and retry sending over and over again, and I can
get any combination of these things happening, but again, nothing
consistent.

Are there any known issues in this regard?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

J.