On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Ask Bj?rn Hansen wrote:

> It's odd (and frustrating) that you have so much trouble with prefork.
> Did you try using the regular fork server instead?  I suspect that's the
> most commonly used "transport" and thus very well tested.

Unfortunately, I have decided to implement my previous setup of 0.32
forkserver on the new system. There were also some problems implementing
that, due in part to not being to install a working copy of Email::Valid
(probably not needed anyway), and sudo being configured to requiretty. I
also had to bump the softlimit from 100000000 an order of magnitude to
1000000000. I wonder if I'll need to boost my RAM!

I *THINK* it is working properly, now. If so, great - I can begin to
breath, again.

My plan is to bring up 0.82 forkserver on an unused port, and bring up one
plugin at a time. Each plugin will be spewing variable contents every step
of the way - I indicated that I found something had unexpected contents,
which I know was causing the plugin to fail the connection. If I can bring
up the newer version of forkserver with everything I need, I will. Then I
may try the same thing with prefork.

(I wish I had had the opportunity to document what I was going through -
without it, it is next to impossible to know what the real problems were.
Sorry, I considered this a rather large fire that needed to be put out by
whatever means possible.)

J.