On 6/23/09 11:24 PM, "Chris Lewis" <cle...@nortel.com> wrote:

> It isn't the most elegant thing in the world, but I don't have problems
> plucking out the logterse lines and feeding them into PostgreSQL.  Or
> rather, the complexity isn't in plucking the log lines out, it's getting
> so damn many of them into PostgreSQL fast enough and keeping the DBMS
> structured so that expiration of old records doesn't take weeks.

I have minimal logging to disk (flat file, one line per connection/RECV) and
each connection/RECV logging to mysql (report.mysql plugin).  With good
indices it's possible to keep millions of records and still keep the system
responsive.  I highly recommend using a DB and insert/update with multiple
hooks.

(I just lack a good GUI with an auth to browse the table.)

peter