Hi all, been monitoring the mailing for a bit but this would be my first
time asking a question.

Recently the boss-man tasked me with bringing the per_user_config
(originally authored by Gavin Carr) in line with the latest version of
Qpsmtpd. So far I've got as far as retooling the plugin into a package,
adding transaction support for rcpt and or sender and adding some unit
tests (when I'm completely happy with it I intend on contacting the
original author to see if he would like to push it to CPAN).

However, one of the caveats to utilizing the old plugin was to actually
patch Qpsmtpd.pm to support an additional argument for the 'config'
method as well as alter the get_qmail_config and _config_from_file
methods to support caching config key values for the "per user config".

I would like to avoid patching if at all possible since I believe it
sort of undermines the point of having plugins :)

So to the point of the question: Would anyone mind if I patched the
configuration stuff within Qpsmtpd to allow configuration minded plugins
to alter/hook/stack into how Qpsmtpd discovers and utilizes cached
configuration values?

Thanks,
 - Jason