On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 09:46:42PM +0100, Howard Miller wrote:

> .
> >
> > perms on queue & co?
> >
> > Send yourself a mail with a test pattern attachment:
> > http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
> >

> How stupid do I feel:
>
> virus::clamdscan plugin: Permission on spool directory do not permit
> scanner access
> virus::clamdscan plugin: Cannot ping clamd server:  Could not
> establish socket connection, tried UNIX domain and TCP sockets at
> /usr/share/perl5/ClamAV/Client.pm line 471.
>
> No idea how I missed this before. Off to investigate (clamd compiled
> from source as the same user as qpsmtpd so I did try at least)

clamd runs with his own uid from clamd.conf, and also w/o keeping
supplementary groups info by default. Add clamav user to qpsmptd running
user and allow supplementary groups in /etc/groups anche check config:

clamd.conf:
User clamav
AllowSupplementaryGroups yes

Also check perms on spool dir (spool_dir + spool_perms in config dir +
chmod if the dir already exists)

bye,
K.