On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, Shad L. Lords wrote:

Johan Almqvist wrote:

 On 5. nov. 2009, at 19.55, Shad L. Lords wrote:

>  Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:
> >  On Nov 5, 2009, at 10:31, Shad L. Lords wrote:
> > > This might not be the best place to fix this. The correct way would > > > be to fix header->add to always stick the headers at the top.
> >  Sounds good to me.  Would that mess up anything else?
> > The only thing to be aware of is some plugins (like spamassasin) expect > the first header to be the From line. As long as you ensure that the > From is always the very top header and all others go under that but at > the top there shouldn't be any issues.

 Are you sure you're not confusing this with SpamAssassin expecting 'From_'
 lines in /var/spool/mail-format mailboxes (see RFC-976)?

That is what I'm referring to. And I think I was confused on the plugin as well. Now that I think about it I think it was clamav plugin. If it didn't receive the From_ header first then it didn't process it as a mail message and pull the attachments apart correctly. If it didn't pull it apart correctly then it would detect the virus that was attached.

None of that should be relevant here. SMTP messages handled by qpsmtpd aren't mailbox format files, and aren't prefixed with "From envelope.sender".

---
Charlie