On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Matt Simerson <m...@tnpi.net> wrote:

> These 3 auth plugins all have a data store they fetch the reference
> password or hash from. They then match the attemped password or hash
> against the reference. This consolidates the latter portion (validating
> the password/hash) into Plugin.pm.

Pros:   less duplicated code in the plugins.
>        Pass validation consistently handled for these 3 plugins.
>        less work to create new auth plugins

Thanks this is a nice cleanup.    I don't think this belongs directly in
Plugin.pm.  It's somewhat specific, and not apropos to most plugins.  It
only needs $self for logging.

What about Plugin/AuthHelpers.pm or just Plugin/Helpers.pm.

> Cons:   adds a 'use MD5' in Plugin.pm
>        ???

Not a big deal as far as required modules go.

> +use strict;
> +use warnings;
> +
> +use base 'Qpsmtpd::Plugin';
> +use Qpsmtpd::Constants;
> +

All of these except for use warnings come for free with any plugin.
 They're not required here.