> There's several plugins that have something like what you've suggested:
>
>       plugin action [ add-header | deny | denysoft ]
>
> And here's a sampling of the arguments that various plugins use with
> action:
>
>       add-header, log, continue, reject, deny, denysoft, accept, delete, add
>
> Reject has a simple, explicit, and universal meaning in every plugin, and
> thus my preference for it.

This makes sense to me, but what I thought I had seen come down the line
(and what I just noticed in another commit, at any rate) was that 'reject'
is not exactly boolean; it's tied to the reject-type field.  it seems like
this field is just as easy to get crufty over time as the 'action' field,
although it at least has fewer potential values.  I would contend that
reject=1,reject_type=defer is not really rejecting at all, which makes it
confusing that you have to "turn on" rejection in order to defer.

I have to admit I haven't been reading your patches closely, so I could be
missing things that make this an obviously better idea than I'm
perceiving.  I might have just kept my mouth shut, but I thought I'd see
what you think :)

-Jared