> Yup. Part of the motivation for this plugin was to short circuit all the
> intermediate plugins and handlers so I can feed the message to sa-learn
> and dspam. Until dspam is trained, that's a very important step in
> training it. But there's no gain in validating the HELO name, SPF,  or
> DomainKeys. This plugin and associated changes adds that flexibility while
> reducing the code and complexity of the plugins.

It might not be fair to say there's *no* gain.  Our HELO validation and
SPF plugins (we don't have a DKIM plugin at the moment, for shame) now do
their lookups unconditionally and add headers to the message so that our
bayes engine can tokenize the headers themselves.

Bayes is a little bit of a black box to me, so I can't really quantify
just how useful this is, but I'd say it's greater than zero. Dspam even
treats headers in a special way to ensure that their usefulness is
maximized.

-Jared