Hi all.  I'm putting together a new server, using qpsmtp.

I'm running up to date gentoo, using the gentoo ebuild for
qpsmtpd-0.84-r2.

When I go to start the service, it fails.  Debugging a little, strace
reveals that as the server starts up, it's trying to stat
lib/Net/IP.pmc and lib/Net/IP.pm.  Those fail.  It then says

eval Can't locate Net/IP.pm:   lib/Net/IP.pm: Permission denied at
/usr/share/qpsmtpd/plugins/check_relay line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/qpsmtpd/plugins/check_relay
line 5.

Looking back in the strace history, there are other modules which it
successfully finds, for instance Net/DNS.pm.  For those, after
stat'ing lib/Net/DNS.pm, it goes on to search for others in the
usual places until it finds it.  It's almost as if something were
bashing the value of @INC partway through, but that's hard to
swallow.

Does this ring any bells?  I expect it's some sort of stupid
configuration problem.

Thanks in advance for any hints.